Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful for great neighbors!

I made this card today for my neighbor, she baked us a pie!  No real reason, she thought we were working too hard in our yard (taking out all the stone to replace with mulch in the flower beds).  I am amazed by the thoughtfulness of others!  This image from LOTV: Dandelion Clock, is exactly the image I saw of my daughter as I dropped her off at school today.  She got out of the car and reached down for a dandelion and blew!  So that was my inspiration, along with the challenging use of both diamonds (okay, rhinestones) and pearls from Lili's Little Fairies Challenge Blog.  So here's the card:



I used LOTV Dandelion Clock image, and LOTV Mixed Circular Sentiments.  I colored with Copics and blended the edges with Ranger Distress Ink.  I white embossed the sentiment and blended it with Distress ink as well.  There is flock  on the dandelion, glitter glue on her outfit, and Glossy Accents on her white patent leather shoes.  The challenge for me was how to include diamonds and pearls together since I usually use one or the other.  I was happy with the little "bling" I created with placing the rhinestones around the pearl.  The papers, pearls, and rhinestones were all from my stash, wish I knew the name of that paper.


This card is entered in the following challenge:  Lili's Little Fairies - Diamonds and Pearls

 
Hope you have a great day, and thanks for visiting!
Kara Lynne

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card Kara. Beautifully coloured and I adore that backing paper. Bet your neighbours loved it.
    And well done for winning another award.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete